This post is about the wonders of Organic Coconut Oil! So if you know me, you know that somewhere between coconut oil, my wardrobe and my glue gun, I believe I can rule the world. No kidding, I’m serious!
The other day, my sister was asking me what I’ve been using on my face, and when I told her I was using coconut oil, I came to a realization: I use it for pretty much everything from head to toe, and I’m going to tell you why.
If you live in UAE, you can find organic coconut oil in Organic and More Foods for as little as 32 Dhs! Such a deal! If they don’t have it in stock, you can ask the staff to place an order and they will inform you when it arrives.
Here are the uses-
1. Lips – Can’t seem to find your balm early morning? Just dab on some coconut oil and you are good to go. Because of its fast absorbing properties, you won’t feel a thing and it’s super light on the lips. You can also use it as a deep conditioning (as I like to refer to it) for your lips. Apply it generously on your lips before going to bed to wake up to smooth and soft lips. Trust me, applying lipstick in the morning is going to be so much easier!
2. Face – I’ve had pretty clear skin for the majority of my life, but recently over the past few months, I started breaking out, and trust me, when you’re not used to having acne, it can drive you nuts! So I read somewhere that coconut oil is great for the face and face-palmed myself for not having thought of it earlier! Just apply some on your face at night before sleeping and in the morning followed by your day cream and sunscreen and you will see the difference in your skin!
Tip – Make sure you keep your hair away from your face at night to prevent it from getting oily.
3. Hair – I’m sure you’ve heard of this before. People always tell me that I have awesome hair and that it’s because of me being an Indian. To be honest, I owe it to the age-old Indian tradition of oiling your hair before bathing. Many people I know wash their hair without oiling and NO! DO NOT make that mistake! Because without it, you are stripping away the natural oils from your hair.
I would advice you to keep it for 1- 2 hours before washing your hair or overnight for deep conditioning.
4. Heels – If you are suffering from a rough or cracked heel, just apply coconut oil on your feet followed by a pair of socks overnight and you will start seeing the difference.
5. Body – I have super dry skin, the kind where, after a shower, if I don’t apply lotion, my skin starts to itch and it’s just super annoying. I’ve been applying coconut oil after a shower in the evening and it has helped my skin miraculously! So much that in just 3 weeks of using this method I’ve received numerous compliments on the softness of my skin.
Do you have any great uses or recipes for coconut oil that i missed? Let me know in the comments below!